Mowa zależna i niezależna Pomocy !

Temat utworzony · 1 Posty · 70 Wyświetlenia
  • Proszę o pomoc !
    Look at the direct speech and complete the reported speech.
    1 ‘I’m not having a good evening.’ Sara said she _________________________________________ .
    2 ‘I heard the new Katy Perry song.’ Simon said he _________________________________________ .
    3 ‘My parents aren’t at home.’ Liam said his _________________________________________ .
    4 ‘I’m going to bed.’ Cathy said she _________________________________________ .
    5 ‘The concert starts at five.’ Rick said _________________________________________ .

There is one mistake in each reported statement. Circle the mistake and correct it in 1−3 words.
    1 ‘I’m staying in a hotel tonight.’
    He said he was staying in a hotel the night. _______________________
    2 ‘There is a lot of crime in the area.’
    Mel said there had been a lot of crime in the area. _______________________
    3 ‘My brother visited last week.’
    Gary said his brother had visited the week ago. _______________________
    4 ‘Reece is meeting us outside the cinema.’
    The girls said that Reece was meeting us outside the cinema. _______________________
    5 ‘I don’t want to watch this crime documentary.’
    Jenny said she didn't want to watch this crime documentary. _______________________

Complete the sentences using a different form of the words in brackets.
    1 There is often a lot of __________________ (loot) after a natural disaster, like an earthquake.
    2 The __________________ (murder) will spend the rest of his life in prison.
    3 A man tried to __________________ (robber) the bank on Baker Street this afternoon.
    4 There are too many drug __________________ (deal) on Stapleton Road.
    5 Ellen called the police when a __________________ (shoplift) tried to take something from her shop.

Complete the sentences with the words below. There is one extra word.
    an arrest culprits interview search study witnesses
    1 A detective is going to __________________ the suspect about the crime.
    2 The police appealed for __________________ to come forward.
    3 We're going to __________________ this area until we find the victim’s wallet.
    4 There have been a lot of burglaries in this street, but the police hope to identify the __________________ soon.
    5 After a long investigation, the police made __________________ early this morning.

Look at the direct speech and complete the reported speech.
    1 ‘I’m watching a film.’ Ben said he _________________________________________ .
    2 ‘We’re in a café.’ Rick said he and Anne _________________________________________ .
    3 ‘The train leaves at ten thirty.’ Jessica said the train _________________________________________ .
    4 ‘I saw the robber outside the bank.’ Paul said he _________________________________________ .
    5 ‘I’m not coming to lunch.’ Ryan said he _________________________________________ .

There is one mistake in each reported statement. Circle the mistake and correct it in 1−3 words.
    1 ‘I’m going to the police station this evening.’
    Rachel said she was going to the police station next evening. _______________________
    2 ‘We don’t want to live here.’
    Dean and Ruth said they didn't want to live here. _______________________
    3 ‘There are lots of vandals outside.’
    Mary said there had been lots of vandals outside. _______________________
    4 ‘My friends saw the film yesterday.’
    Kelly said my friends had seen the film the day before. _______________________
    5 ‘I'm working hard today.’
    Matt said he was working hard this day. _______________________

Complete the sentences using a different form of the words in brackets.
    1 There is so much __________________ (shoplift) in this area.
    2 An __________________ (arson) ran from the burning building before the police arrived.
    3 Be careful with your money because we’ve had a lot of __________________ (thief) in this café.
    4 The customs officer stopped two men when they tried to __________________ (smuggler) jewellery into the country.
    5 A __________________ (mug) ran off with my aunt's phone.

Complete the sentences with the words below. There is one extra word.
    appeal identify investigation make patrol suspect
    1 My dad recognised the __________________ from the CCTV footage.
    2 We are going to __________________ for witnesses to contact us about the robbery.
    3 Detectives want to launch a big __________________ into the crime.
    4 After last night’s burglaries, the police are going to __________________ a number of arrests today.
    5 The police __________________ this area all the time.

Look at the quotes and complete the reported statements.
    1 Sarah: ‘We’ve been to Paris three times.’ Sarah said they __________________ to Paris three times.
    2 John: ‘I can’t help you tonight.’ John said he __________________ me that night.
    3 Pat: ‘The girls will meet you at the café.’ Pat said the girls __________________ me at the café.
    4 Sue: ‘I can identify the criminal.’ Sue said she __________________ the criminal.
    5 Joe: ‘The police haven't caught the robbers.’ Joe said the police __________________ the robbers.
    6 Mark: ‘I won't finish all my homework.’ Mark said he __________________ all his homework.

Complete the sentences with said or told.
    1 Ruth ___________ her friend the secret code.
    2 Jason ___________ that he had seen a man outside the building before the robbery.
    3 Mum ___________ Dad that she had forgotten to post the letter.
    4 The police ___________ that this was a murder investigation.

Complete the sentences with the adjectives below. There are two extra adjectives.
    careless cowardly foolish friendly mysterious selfish suspicious
    1 A __________________ person never thinks about other people.
    2 A __________________ person has a lot of secrets.
    3 A __________________ person doesn’t look after things.
    4 A __________________ person does stupid things.
    5 A __________________ person definitely isn’t brave.

Add a suffix to the words in brackets to complete the sentences. You may need to change the spelling of the words in brackets.
    1 I love your garden – it’s so quiet and __________________ (peace).
    2 Kelly was __________________ (fury) when a thief stole her laptop in the street.
    3 My mum buys a __________________ (week) newspaper because she hasn’t got time to read one every day.
    4 When I broke my ankle, it was very __________________ (pain).
    5 The man was __________________ (hope) that he would get his money back.

Look at the quotes and complete the reported statements.
    1 Jan: ‘I’ve seen two burglaries in the area.’ Jan said she __________________ two burglaries in the area.
    2 Fred: ‘We can’t give you the money today.’ Fred said they __________________ me the money that day.
    3 Paul: ‘I’ll tell you the secret code later.’ Paul said he __________________ me the secret code later.
    4 Sam: ‘We can stop those vandals.’ Sam said we __________________ those vandals.
    5 Ricky: ‘I won’t shoplift again.’ Ricky said he __________________ again.
    6 Jess: ‘They've made a film about the robbery.’ Jess said they __________________ a film about the robbery.

Complete the sentences with said or told.
    1 The woman ___________ that she had seen a terrible crime.
    2 Dad ___________ me that the man had robbed a post office in the city centre.
    3 Gemma ___________ that she had been ill for a few days.
    4 The woman ___________ the police that the man was wearing a balaclava.

Complete the sentences with the adjectives below. There are two extra adjectives.
    cowardly helpful hopeful lucky reliable selfish suspicious
    1 A __________________ person doesn’t believe people when they are telling the truth.
    2 A __________________ person often wins competitions and prizes.
    3 A __________________ person always does things for other people.
    4 A __________________ person thinks that life will be better in the future.
    5 A __________________ person always does what they promise to do.

Add a suffix to the words in brackets to complete the sentences. You may need to change the spelling of the words in brackets.
    1 Mobile phones were really expensive ten years ago, but today they’re more __________________ (afford).
    2 A journalist for a __________________ (nation) newspaper said that crime had got worse in the last six months.
    3 The burglar was __________________ (care) because he left his fingerprints all over the house.
    4 The woman was very __________________ (mystery). No one knew her name or anything about her.
    5 It was __________________ (fool) to vandalise the wall and write your name on it.

Ostatnio dodane zadania: